Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 2 - 2 Down, 13 To Go!

After I posted yesterday, my husband called me from work wondering why I hadn't mentioned how I had fared over the weekend after leaving him hanging with "Beware the Weekend" in Friday's post.

To be honest, I wasn't sure.  I had loaded up on fruits and vegetables, always piling my plate high with salads.  Still, I had my weekend splurges!  An extra piece of chicken, a taste of meat, and even a small portion of dessert.  I felt like I had been eating all weekend, but I knew a lot of those times had been an apple or plum, some vegetables... So I chose not to post about it because I didn't know if I was happy about it or not.

Well last night I had my weekly weigh in, and I was down 2.2 pounds!  I am thrilled and determined that I will continue with all my good dieting habits in the coming week.  I also realize that this does not mean I can relax over the weekend.

Sometimes success can be a downfall in disguise, and I don't want to fall into that trap.  Its part of the reason my weight hasn't moved much since January.  I would be really good one week, lose a nice amount of weight... people would notice and tell me how great I looked.  I felt thin, and thin people can eat dessert, right?  Thin people don't have to worry about portion control!  Well the next week I would register a gain on the scale.

If I want to reach my goal once and for all I have to remember that I'm not done losing.  Although I may get to eat a little more when I begin maintaining my goal weight, I will always have to be careful.  Some people think that sounds terrible.  Diet for life?  But its not, its about choice and control.  I am in control of what I eat, and I will no longer let food have control over me.  I choose when and what I will eat.  Meaning those nice people that tell you - "Live a little!  Eat a piece of cake."?  They can choose to eat it if they want, but if I choose not to, is my decision based on what's best for me.

This diet is about me, for me and what is best for me.  So keeping that in mind, I have to remind myself that "me" still wants to lose weight, and to remember that when making my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment