Friday, August 5, 2011

Beware The Weekend

After a full week of being careful, the weekend is looming scarily before me.  I have stayed on my eating program this week, and thanks to my good friend BZ, I have used the treadmill four times this week, logging a total of 20k!

Structure is the dieter's best friend.  We have it all worked out during the week, set eating times, we know when we'll get hungry and need a snack.  Our water bottles are on our desks at work, or the kitchen counter at home... and we have our busy lives to take our mind off food in between.  Then the weekend hits and we are lost.

We feel as though we are "off duty".  I don't work on the weekends, the kids don't have to rush anywhere, lounging in their pajamas, why should I have to be on duty with my diet?  Can't I eat like a normal person once a week?  I guess the answer is no - but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy your weekend.

Is that piece of cake really worth messing up all your hard work?  Maybe, but then make room for it by cutting out elsewhere.  And make sure you sit down and enjoy each bite.

You can enjoy the weekend responsibly.  Just stay strong, fill up on as many safe foods as you can.  Cut up fruits and veggies and store them in the fridge before the weekend begins.  And those splurges you feel you need to enjoy your down time?  Choose them wisely.  Ask yourself if it will set you back, and if this is the thing you want to splurge on.

So Weekend, here I come... here's hoping I stay on my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment