Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quarter Pounder, Please - To Go!

The first week has passed since I began this blog, and I have lost... a quarter of a pound.

My initial reaction was a mix of "Phew, I didn't gain." and "What?  That's it?"

After reflecting on it a bit, I realized that this is a victory and I must recognize it as such.  In the past seven months, where I didn't make much headway, I could have a week where I lost three pounds followed by a week where I gained three pounds.  But last week I did not lose any weight, and this week was the quarter pounder.

If I want to reach my goal weight, then what I need is consistency and patience.  Any week where I lose or stay the same is a positive week, no matter how small the loss.  All those quarter pounders add up!

I cannot allow discouragement or frustration in or I will be looking at a gain, and that will keep me from getting to where I want to be.

So here's to losing, and keeping the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment